NANOMEMC2 partners NTNU and UNIBO just published a paper on the fabrication and characterization of Nafion/PEGDME hybrid membranes.
Highlights from the paper are:
- Nafion-based hybrid membranes were fabricated with PEGDME content up to 60 wt%.
- Addition of PEGDME 250 into Nafion improves CO2 permeability for 36 times at dry state.
- Optimal separation performance was obtained at 100% RH with 40 wt% PEGDME 250.
- High PEGDME content in Nafion leads to undesirable micro phase separation.
- The modified Maxwell model provides a good estimation of the performance under humid conditions.
Read the full paper here.